In the morning…
How to Eat Candy
Depriving cariogenic bacteria of sugar is the cornerstone of traditional caries management, yet the science of CAMBRA (Caries Management By Risk Assessment) takes cariology to a whole new level. If you’re still telling patients to, “Brush, floss, and use fluoride toothpaste” you’re going to be surprised by the myriad of treatment options available today. Streptococcus mutans has more to fear than stronger fluoride and more of it, as dentistry embraces oral healthcare.
- Identify risk factors leading to caries.
- Explain the role of commensals.
- Implement disease management in practice.
- Safely consume a variety of candy and sugary beverages.
- Prolong the life of restorations in all patients.
In the afternoon…
The Potty Mouth Predicament
Sometimes it seems as though our patients don’t grasp the basic concept of home care. Other times our patients with impeccable hygiene develop rampant decay and we feel helpless because we can’t figure out what’s going on. The mouth is a remarkable environment that cariologists are finally beginning to understand, and so can you. Come learn everything you didn’t know about plaque and the amazing organisms that make the mouth a wonderful place to work.
- Explain the mixed ecological approach to caries causation.
- Understand when to recommend appropriate therapies.
- Integrate basic salivary analysis into clinical practice.
- Stop “watching” lesions and see them get smaller.
Audience: Hygienists, Dentists
Sponsor: Fifth District Dental Society
Presenter: Brian Novy, DDS
Credits: 7.0 MCEU
Meals: AM/PM breaks and lunch
Register: By phone 315-434-9161, email email@example.com, or online https://www.cnydc.org
*This course is part of the CNYDC