ADA Advocacy results in ALL dental providers being eligible to apply for funding through the Enhanced Provider Relief Fund Payment Portal
The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announced additional details regarding Provider Relief Fund (PRF) payments from the Dental Distribution
. Even though some dental providers have already successfully applied for funding under Medicaid or General Distributions, dental providers who may not bill Medicare or Medicaid are now allowed to apply for funding through the Enhanced Provider Relief Fund Payment Portal
Act quickly! The deadline to apply
for this Dental Distribution is August 3, 2020
To be eligible to apply, a dental provider must meet all
of the following requirements:
HHS will, in part, be using a curated list of dental practice Taxpayer Identification Numbers (TINs) to determine eligibility. Providers with TINs on the curated list must meet other eligibility requirements, including operating in good standing and not being excluded from receiving federal payments.
- Must not have received payment from the initial $50 billion Medicare-focused General Distribution; and
- Must not have received payment from the $15 billion Medicaid and CHIP Distribution; and
- Must have either (i) filed a federal income tax return for fiscal years 2017, 2018 or 2019 or (ii) be an entity exempt from the requirement to file a federal income tax return and have no beneficial owner that is required to file a federal income tax return (e.g., a state-owned hospital or healthcare clinic); and
- Must have provided patient dental care after January 31, 2020; and
- Must not have permanently ceased providing patient dental care directly or indirectly through included subsidiaries; and
- The applicant is an individual, has gross receipts or sales from providing patient dental care reported on Form 1040, Schedule C, Line 1, excluding income reported on a W-2 as a (statutory) employee.
HHS will work to validate applicants that are not on that list. If dentists are concerned they were not on the curated provider list, they will need to have an active, verifiable dental provider TIN and submit their information to the PRF application portal. Any eligible dental providers not on the curated list will undergo additional review and if validated will be permitted to apply for funding.
HHS has also set up a Provider Support Line (866) 569-3522 to assist with questions