Reception Area Preparation
Get your dental office ready to protect your staff and patients. Emphasize hand hygiene and cough/sneezing etiquette for everyone.
Prepare the building entrance
- Provide a hand sanitation station upon entry into facility. This should include a notice that patients must use before entry.
- Notify patients they must wear a mask before entering.
Prepare the waiting area, restrooms, & patient consultation rooms
- Provide supplies
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Soap at sinks
- Disposable paper towels
- Lined trash cans
- Place chairs 6 feet apart.
- Use barriers where possible.
- Remove reading material, toys, and remote controls from waiting area.
- On a regular schedule, sanitize all touchable surfaces. Remember to include light switches, tables, chair arms, doorknobs, hangers, and anything else people may come in contact with.
CDC's Get your clinic ready for COVID-19