The NYS Dental Foundation is accepting applications, due April 1, 2022, for the 2023 Give Kids a Smile (GKAS) awards, which will award up to $5,000 to organizations which have proven capacity to expand or enhance education and/or access to oral health care for children. Once-a-year activities are NOT eligible for consideration.
Nominated programs must provide answers to how they are:
- Driving innovation
- Improving outcomes
- Incorporating education, screening, prevention and access
- complete the online application: https://www.nysdentalfoundation.org/nys-give-kids-a-smile.html
- a one-page written statement detailing how the nominee meets the criteria to merit recognition and how GKAS Award funding would be used
- at least one letter of support from a local public health organization.
- A statement indicating why, OTHER THAN FINANCIAL NEED, the nominator has chosen to seek GKAS funding from the New York State Dental Foundation.
Once-a-year activities are NOT eligible for GKAS Award consideration.
To apply, go to https://www.nysdentalfoundation.org/nys-give-kids-a-smile.html.
GKAS Award recipients MUST include NYSDF logo and references in all promotional and press materials related to the activities for which they are receiving the GKAS Award. All recipients MUST submit a progress/update report, as described in NYSDF Grant Guidelines/Agreements, to the Foundation.