2020 House of Delegates - POSTPONED
Tihs email was sent from NYSDA's President to all attendees on March 27, 2020.
"Dear NYSDA Members and House of Delegates Registrants,
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the New York State Dental Association has made the difficult decision to postpone this year’s House of Delegates that was scheduled to be held May 27th – 31st, 2020 at the DoubleTree in Binghamton, New York.
Protecting the health, safety, and well-being of our members and attendees is our top priority. We are currently assessing the situation on a daily basis, and working on the best possible solution to conduct business safely and effectively for our members and guests. Keep a close eye on your email for more information to come in the near future.
Please allow us time to process registration refunds over the next couple of weeks. If you booked your hotel room at the DoubleTree under the NYSDA room block, your room will be cancelled for you. If you have any further questions, please reach out to Jenna Bell (JBell@nysdental.org), otherwise more information will be emailed and posted to NYSDA’s web page.
Thank you for your patience, understanding, and unwavering commitment to the New York State Dental Association.
Payam Goudarzi, DDS"
NYSDA House of Delegates
The House is comprised of 102 voting members, and is the supreme authoritative body of the New York State Dental Association.
The Duties of the House of Delegates include:
- Elect officers
- Elect members of the Board of Trustees
- Elect the trustee representing the Second Trustee District of the American Dental Association (subject to the approval of the HOD of the ADA).
- Elect the members of councils and commissions
- Elect the delegates and alternate delegates to the American Dental Association
- Receive and act upon reports of the councils and committees
- Adopt an annual budget and establish the dues of active members for the following year
- Serve as the court of appeals from decisions of the Council on Ethics